[nycbug-talk] Suddenly the Dungeon collapses!! - You die...

Brad Schonhorst bschonhorst
Wed Oct 19 14:28:32 EDT 2005

On 10/19/05, George Georgalis <george at galis.org> wrote:
> I've come across this message before, and thought the box was compromised.
> Today I've come across it again, but managed to find it in the source --
> it's not so bad as it sounds...
>
> What are your thoughts about putting such error messages in code?

The first time I mistyped my password attempting to sudo a command in
OpenBSD I assumed my machine had been compromised.  Funny now, but not
then...

While I find it amusing (now) it doesn't seem very professional.

-Brad