[nycbug-talk] Connectivity problems in NYC?

Francisco Reyes lists
Fri Oct 21 15:37:40 EDT 2005

On Fri, 21 Oct 2005, alex at pilosoft.com wrote:

> That's too vague to diagnose. What kinda problems?

Running mtr (my trace route) shows significant packets dropped at
different points. On speakasy some hops had as high as 3o% to 50% drops.
On Verizon varied, but was anywhere from 2% to 20% packets loss.

I was not able to keep an ssh connection for over a few minutes.
This started yesterday. Today when I do mtr the routes the packets are
going are very different as the ones from yesterday. Today they seem to
have less packet drop.

I do think that this is related to the Slashdot article.
There were particularly two companies that were dropping packets.
If I recall correctly they were L3 and something like globe3... one was
the one reported on Slashdot and the other one was on Speakeasy status
notice that they were having problems with them.

The verizon line seems to be better now.. will check the speakeasy in a
few..