[nycbug-talk] disk monitoring tool port, looks usefull

Charles Sprickman spork
Mon Oct 24 16:37:03 EDT 2005

On Mon, 24 Oct 2005, Ray Lai wrote:

> Has SMART ever been of use to anyone?  I mean, has anyone actually
> received any SMART warnings?  All my hard drives have passed with
> flying colors all the time, even questionable ones.

It saved my iBook (using an os-x smart monitoring tool)...  Gave me enough
time to transfer everything to a firewire drive before the internal drive
tanked.  Good excuse to upgrade from IBM 4200 RPM to Seagate 5400 RPM too.
:)

Charles