[nycbug-talk] AMD Raid question. . .

George R. george
Mon Oct 24 22:29:28 EDT 2005

alex at pilosoft.com wrote:
> On Mon, 24 Oct 2005, George R. wrote:
>

>>This has nothing to do with the OS, it's an AMD Opteron board with an
>>SiI114 Raid controller on the motherboard. . .
>
> Si3114 is *not a raid controller*
>
> ktnxbye (sometimes, I do understand mickey's frustrations...:)

woah, alex, take it easy. . .

after doing some reading, it is the 'grey' area of hardware v software
raid, but this list still isn't for uppity-ness like that. . .

If you are in the interface, it *does* look like a regular hardware raid
configuration, ie, listing the raid options.

We generally have a good tone on this list, let's keep it that way.