[nycbug-talk] AMD Raid question. . .

Okan Demirmen okan
Mon Oct 24 23:22:30 EDT 2005

On Mon 2005.10.24 at 21:21 -0400, Mikel King wrote:
>     Have you checked the AMD site fo an bios updates for the main
> logic board? It's possible that they encountered a bug when the board
> was shipped and left that out rather than suffer numerous support
> calls.

i'm not going to comment on the rest of this thread, however what mikel
mentions is a good idea if the hardware is what it is.

story: my once favorite raid icp-vortex raid controller came in with
*no* raid options.  the menus in the card's bios were pretty and all
that but no go. after dumping the firmware then comparing it's md5 to
the one actually distributed by icp-vortex, i found my firmware was
borked. before re-flashing, i got in touch with icp-vortex and they
concurred. all was well after...but i just wanted to share that
*sometimes* it can be screwy.

maybe not the issue here, but for everyone's wasted bandwidth ;)

cheers,
okan