[nycbug-talk] AMD Raid question. . .

Dan Langille dan
Tue Oct 25 06:03:27 EDT 2005

On 24 Oct 2005 at 21:20, George R. wrote:

> Dan Langille wrote:
> > On 24 Oct 2005 at 21:10, George R. wrote:
> >

> >>I just got a new 2u Opteron that I'm putting a BSD on. . .
> >>
> >>I'm doing hardware RAID (leave me alone with any software raid pro's),
> >>and for some reason, the raid firmware only comes up with Raid 0, 1, and
> >>10 (and spare).  There are three x 300g SATA drives in this box, so why
> >>doesn't Raid 5 show up?  Isn't three the minimum for all controllers for
> >>raid 5?
> >

> > What BSD?  What versi
>
> Nothing to do with the version, since I'm in the Raid firmware. . . but
> it's obsd 3.7

One might think so...

I had similar problems recently with FreeBSD 6.0-RC1.  I don't know
what caused that.  My first attempts, changing cables, drives, etc,
all failed.  A few days later, it just worked.

Random ideas:  Do all three drives appears in the firmware?  Is this
a master/slave jumper issue?
--
Dan Langille : http://www.langille.org/
BSDCan - The Technical BSD Conference - http://www.bsdcan.org/