[nycbug-talk] New Amex site

Scott Robbins scottro
Thu Oct 27 11:46:01 EDT 2005

On Thu, Oct 27, 2005 at 11:35:23AM -0400, Francisco Reyes wrote:
> On Wed, 26 Oct 2005, Scott Robbins wrote:
>

> Hm.. strange about Firefox..
> Amex site has not liked Opera in FreeBSD for a while.. at least the Opera
> version I use.. however I have been happily paying bills with Firefox.
>
> After their latest redesign I did notice the site was more flash heavy, but I
> seem to recall I was able to do everything I needed.. This was about a month
> ago.. This weekend is time to pay amex cards again.. so will see how that
> goes..

You're right--now that you mention it, I did have to use firefox to pay
bills.  However, this month, I think you're in for a surprise.  You may
need my complex, sophisticated script, killfire.sh

#!/bin/sh
FPID=$(pgrep firefox)
kill $FPID

as you can't close it with a mouseclick when it does this.

Neither my wife nor myself had any problem last month.

FWIW, if you run into the same problem, I solved it by temporarily
commenting out the flash entries in /etc/libmap.conf.  I forget if I had
to log out or just restart X.  If they don't change their site, I
imagine I'll make a script to temporarily sub libmap.conf with one that
doesn't have flash enabled.

(This is assuming that you use the linuxpluginwrapper port to get flash
working with firefox.)

- --

Scott

GPG KeyID EB3467D6
( 1B848 077D 66F6 9DB0 FDC2  A409 FA54 D575 EB34 67D6)

Riley: Buffy . . . I feel like we've gotten really close. At
least I thought we had. I don't know much about Angel or your
relationship with him . . but . . . all I ask is . . if you're
gonna break heart, do it fast.
Buffy: What? You think that Angel and I...
Riley: Didn't you?
Buffy: No. Of course not. How can you even ask me that?
Riley: I don't know. Xander said...
Buffy: Xander?! Oh, he's the deadest man in Deadonia.