[nycbug-talk] Sysadmin Scripting Training

Francisco Reyes lists
Thu Oct 27 12:15:38 EDT 2005

On Wed, 26 Oct 2005, pete wright wrote:

> So what do you all think...sysadmin scripting is it a skill that you just
> have to teach yourself or are these online training courses worth it? I'm
> sure there is at least one person here with an opinion on this ;^)

I think learning in general is a case by case scenario. Some people will
learn from a class better while others would learn more by solving
problems. The question you should be asking yourself is how do YOU learn
best.

Personally I learn best from doing a task and finding simmilar programs on
the net.. or from books.. it depends on the task at hand.

Coding type of tasks.. I learn best by doing...
Admin type of tasks I find books very helpfull and help me save a lot of
time.