[nycbug-talk] Anyone know of a good source...

Michael Shalayeff mickey
Fri Sep 2 16:34:56 EDT 2005

Making, drinking tea and reading an opus magnum from alex at pilosoft.com:
> On Fri, 2 Sep 2005, Vertigo wrote:
>
> > On Tue, Aug 30, 2005 at 05:09:55PM -0400, Mikel King wrote:
> > > Anyone know of a good source for entry level (low 30s) PC Techs? Some
> > > one who might be capable of learning MAC and BSD...?
> > >

> > > Thanks in advance.
>
> > Oh, I see what you're looking for--a place to find a bunch of naive
> > computer geeks to give crappy jobs to.  No raises, no benefits, strictly
> > off the books.  401K? Yeah, right.  Yeah, there's this corner in Queens
> > that always has a bunch of mexicans standing on it every morning.  I
> > believe they charge per diem, but my spanish is a bit rusty.
> I sense hostility. This attitude is probably why you will be next person
> to be fired (or were fired recently).
>
> Fact is, in this industry, you get paid according to your skills. If your
> skills justify 150$/hr, you will have no problem finding someone who will
> pay you that. If on other hand, you are a PC reboot monkey, you will have
> problem finding even 30k$/year job.

if everybody in the industry would be paid for their
skills i think average celery would not raise above
minimal wages. overwhelming majority of peoples are
completely out of clue what are they doing...

cu
--
    paranoic mickey       (my employers have changed but, the name has remained)