[nycbug-talk] patching ports

Scott Robbins scottro
Mon Sep 5 20:31:24 EDT 2005

On Mon, Sep 05, 2005 at 07:52:07PM -0400, George Georgalis wrote:
> I'm looking at the freebsd porters-handbook but I don't see how to
> patch a port. I have a simple patch to apply, but every way I try
> it gets over written when the archive is extracted. How do I do
> this?
>
> // George

Lazy man's workaround.  (Heh, I think I have this on that fluxbox page
that I've pleaded with you to read.)  :)

make extract
cd into work/port-version

Apply the patch.

I'm sure there are far better ways to do this, but as it's the last
night of a holiday weekend, I figure you might not get many answers
before tomorrow.

--

Scott Robbins

PGP keyID EB3467D6
( 1B48 077D 66F6 9DB0 FDC2 A409 FA54 EB34 67D6 )

Cordelia: When did you become Martha Stewart?
Buffy: First of all, Martha Stewart knows jack about hand-cut
prosciutto.
Xander: I don't believe she slays, either.
Oz: Oh, I hear she can, but she doesn't like to.