[nycbug-talk] Re: Great conference!

Chris Clymer chris
Sun Sep 18 19:29:00 EDT 2005

Jay Savage <daggerquill <at> gmail.com> writes:

> Just wanted to say thanks to everyone who made today possible! By far
> the best reason I've had to suffer the D train on a Saturday in a long
> time. My only regret is that I didn't get to talk to more people (and
> that I had other engagements during the postmortem).
>
> Congrats to all involved, and many thanks to everyone who helped put
> it together and everyone who presented. Special thanks, too, to Eric
> Allman for stepping up at the las minute.

I'd like to second that!  5 of us crammed into a car and drove all night out
from Ohio for the con, and we're damn glad that we did.  Met some great people,
saw some good talks, added a few more books to the collection.  Two of our group
had never installed and run a BSD themselves, and each ended up walking home
with a copy of the latest FBSD from the silent auction...so perhaps some new
converts as well :)

Thanks for putting on such a wonderful event, and I invite you all to come see
us at Ohio Linux Fest on October 1 (ohiolinux.org).  I'm already planning to be
back for NYC BSD Con next year...although perhaps next time we'll fly :)