[nycbug-talk] Apache, ftp, samba, etc....

Jesse Callaway jesse
Tue Sep 27 07:27:01 EDT 2005

On Monday 26 September 2005 08:34 pm, Erik Phillips says:
> Perhaps someone can help on this project.  I'm trying to intergrate a
> web, ftp, and smb server (all on the same box) into our local network,
> basically the box will be functioning as an internal multi network
> service server (mouthful!!!!)
>
> Anyway, here are my questions:
> 1. Is there anyway to accomplish this using apache (web server),
> pure-ftp (ftp/sftp server), and samba (smb service)?

My only tip is to install OpenSSL, zlib, and the GD libraries before Apache/PHP.
Not the best tip in the world, but can save a step later on. And put that gig of memory in your workstation.

-jesse