[nycbug-talk] SSH corp v OpenSSH

pete wright nomadlogic
Tue Sep 27 11:53:27 EDT 2005

On 9/27/05, George R. <george at sddi.net> wrote:

> This is from undeadly.org <http://undeadly.org>
>
> http://tinyurl.com/7owh6
>
> Basically, SSH Corp is claiming that OpenSSH isn't meant for the
> enterprise, particularly when it comes to liability.
>
> It's actually almost a humorous argument, considering everywhere that
> OpenSSH *is* and commercial variants of SSH *aren't*.
>
> Outside of putty which isn't a commercial product, I think I haven't
> used OpenSSH 4 times in my life, and that was for testing FSecure's stuff.
>
> Is there anything I'm missing here that the commercial products do that
> OpenSSH can't?

Yea that's kinda crazy, especially considering the lisc. that OpenSSH is
available under. I've used the FSecure producs too back in the day, and it
seemed that there was some "value-added" features (read gui tools for low
level admins). Does SSH co. offer anything like this that a reasonably
experienced admin can't put together him/her self?

-p

--
~~o0OO0o~~
Pete Wright