[nycbug-talk] postgres incremental backups?

Dan Langille dan at langille.org
Fri Aug 25 18:26:15 EDT 2006

On 25 Aug 2006 at 17:59, alex at pilosoft.com wrote:

> On Fri, 25 Aug 2006, Peter Wright wrote:
>
> > > I don't know much about postgresql. But I use cvs to do incremental
> > > backups of a (relatively much smaller) mysql database:
>
> Have fun doing diffs on 200GB files ;)

I backup FreshPorts by using pg_dump to create freshports.sql.  Then
I use rsync to update a copy of that file which I keep at home.
Later, that copy is dumped to tape (using Bacula).  The use of rsync
reduces time and bandwidth.

--
Dan Langille : Software Developer looking for work
my resume: http://www.freebsddiary.org/dan_langille.php