[nycbug-talk] Charles M. Hannum on NetBSD

Pete Wright pete at nomadlogic.org
Thu Aug 31 12:01:55 EDT 2006

On Thu, Aug 31, 2006 at 09:02:40AM -0400, michael wrote:
> wow.. this has hit several lists, but if you missed it somehow..
>
> 	"The NetBSD Project has stagnated to the point of irrelevance.
> 	It has gotten to the point that being associated with the
> 	project is often more of a liability than an asset.  I will
> 	attempt to explain how this happened, what the current state of
> 	affairs is, and what needs to be done to attempt to fix the
> 	situation."
>
> http://mail-index.netbsd.org/netbsd-users/2006/08/30/0016.html

i agree, wow.  although (while being an outsider to the netbsd project)
i found his email to be really well written.  i can see alot of the
issues he raised as being very pertinent to any community based project
(software or not).

can someone refer me to a link to the "coup" with the NetBSD foundation
he refered to?

thanks!
-p

--