[nycbug-talk] BSD 6.1 - PHP 5.2.0 portinstall

Lonnie Olson fungus at aros.net
Fri Dec 22 13:34:12 EST 2006

Max Thayer wrote:
> We run BSD 6.1 in my shop, Apache 2.2 and I am currently attempting to
> upgrade from PHP 5.1.6 to 5.2...
>

> PHP 5.2 is wrapping up several extensions into its core, namely the JSON
> and PDO extensions....I have ran the portinstall for php 5.2.0 once
> already only to find these two extensions aren't installing by default
> as php.net indicates...so...I'm on the hunt for any assistance in what I
> may be doing wrong with my portinstall/bsd or php upgrade...I'm hitting
> up the organizations that I find most relevant for any help I can find.
>

> Is there an argument(s) in the "make config" I should be adding?
>
> Is there an argument(s) in the "make install" I should be adding?
>
> When I execute "portinstall /ports/lang/php5" is there an argument(s) I
> should be adding?

Look at the port lang/php5-extensions.

PHP in the ports system has seperated every extension into it's own
port.  The extensions that are supposed to be installed by default come
(by default) with the php5-extensions port.  This port is a meta port
for each individual extension.  It's `make configure`able to include or
exclude all extensions.  It's default config is to install the
extensions that come by default with PHP.

It makes for an extremely flexible, yet elegant setup for php.

Essentially you just need to execute
portinstall lang/php5 lang/php5-extensions
and if you use any of the PEAR libraries add "devel/pear"

It's really cool.

--lonnie