[nycbug-talk] confusion with NetBSD's PKG_OPTIONS

Jan Schaumann jschauma
Mon Jan 2 13:36:50 EST 2006

Scott Robbins <scottro at nyc.rr.com> wrote:

> As it was beginning the install I got a message to the effect that
> currently selected options were anthy, gtk and canna.  There is a note
> that one can override this by setting PKG_DEFAULT_OPTIONS or the
> variable PKG_OPTIONS.uim.  It then gave a message that the current value
> of PKG_OPTIONS.uim was anthy and gtk, which seemed to be what I wanted.

On my pkgsrc (which isn't entirely up to date) it also says:

Deprecated variable USE_CANNA set to YES, use PKG_DEFAULT_OPTIONS+=canna
instead.

So this is where it pulls the canna in from for me.  If I run

$ make USE_CANNA=no

It tells me:

Deprecated variable USE_CANNA set to NO, use PKG_DEFAULT_OPTIONS+=-canna
instead.

But it does not pull in canna.  So running:

$  make PKG_OPTIONS.uim="anthy gtk -canna"

Seems to be what you want, I think.

I admit this is not really the least confusing method. :-)

-Jan

--
``Californians have gotten to the point of being completely intolerant
of non-diversity.'' -- Larry Wall