[nycbug-talk] some comments on Shmoo. . .

George R. george
Mon Jan 16 19:32:46 EST 2006

Charles Sprickman wrote:
> On Mon, 16 Jan 2006, George R. wrote:
>
>> Once again, ShmooCon in DC was an excellent conference.
>
> This little project (Anonym.OS) is pretty nifty, apparently it's an
> OpenBSD "Live CD" setup to use TOR to anonymize your internet activity:
>
> http://theory.kaos.to/projects.html

> ps - that site bears a striking resemblence to my friend's site
> (http://jhonthumb.com) - popular template! :)

It actually hasn't yet fully propagated to the various Sourceforge
mirrors.  I'm actually d/l'g this moment from .au.

I spoke to the creators of Anony.OS a bit, even though i missed their
meeting.

The one thing they noted was that they had many problems creating an
OBSD live cd.  They said that all the online documentation they found on
the topic was inaccurate.

They are going to be in NYC for HOPE (2600 conference) this summer so
they are planning to do something for us then.

We may also get a Tor speaker (Roger) this summer.