[nycbug-talk] nullfs, jails and quotas

Isaac Levy ike
Mon Jan 16 19:52:31 EST 2006

Hey Pete, All,

On Jan 16, 2006, at 7:48 PM, Isaac Levy wrote:

>> I'd love to see the notes man.  i've been playing with memory file
>> systems lately (mounting /tmp as a memfs partition for nagios to use
>> as scratch space for example) and would to test this out on some
>> jailing stuff.

Also, here's a jail start script like what I've shown before in
lecture slides, except mounting disk images at boot.  Not rocket
science, but I thought it may be nice to see all the steps required.

<start script>

#!/bin/sh

mdconfig -a -t vnode -f somedomain.com.img -u 11168
mount /dev/md11204c /usr/local/jails/mnt/somedomain.com

J=/usr/local/jails/mnt/somedomain.com # path to jail directory tree

ifconfig bge0 inet alias 192.168.1.168/32

mount_devfs devfs $J/dev
mount -t procfs proc $J/proc

jail $J somedomain.com 192.168.1.168 /bin/sh /etc/rc

<end script>

Rocket-
.ike