[nycbug-talk] 2x 3Ware Escalade 9500S-4LP SATA

Isaac Levy ike
Wed Jan 18 13:30:29 EST 2006

Hi David,

On Jan 17, 2006, at 1:16 AM, David Fox wrote:

> Sorry that this probably isn't threaded properly, I just joined the
> list.
> :)

Welcome :)

> What ended up happening with that, Ike?  I've got the exact same
> issue.  :)
>
> 	Dave

Here's where I'm at:

 From the FreeBSD side of the problem:
FreeBSD CURRENT works properly, the driver had some bugs fixed in
December.
This means that hopefully by late Feburary, we'll see the driver hit
STABLE.

 From the 3Ware side of the problem:
The 3Ware phone support ended up being really great, their techs
really tried to help, and were very knowledgeable with regard to BSD
UNIX.
- From their side, they state my firmware was old, and needed to be
updated.
- I was told updating the card would make it function with FreeBSD
4.10+, 5.3+, and 6.x all ok.
- The update involves a windows/dos exe, not my cup of tea, so I've
not done it yet.
- There *should* be this little upload hack in the driver source,
which updates the firmware by uncommenting some line in the driver
makefile- I tried this, it didn't work at all for me.

I'll definately post to list once I get around to updating the card
firmware, but for now, I've got other fish to fry...

Rocket-
.ike