[nycbug-talk] SVN question

pete wright nomadlogic
Fri Jan 20 19:46:35 EST 2006

On 1/20/06, Steve Rieger <riegersteve at gmail.com> wrote:
> hi all, my mind is asleep and i cant figure this one out.
>

> am wanting the following setup
>
> on server test1 /etc
> import /etc into svn  (repository)                                              (which runs locally)
> modify files using svn locally (working copies)                 (on my laptop)
> when done modifying, will commit to repository,
>
> so far so good.
>
> now how can i tell repository to copy the files that i modified from
> the repo back into /etc
>
> say i want to edit /etc/hosts i modify it on my laptop, commit the
> change up to the repository, and then how would i get the modified
> file in place in /etc

make...er with a Makefile like so maybe?

CATEGORY=sysadm_general
FILES=update.conf cfservd.conf cfagent.conf
SHELL=/bin/ksh
MODE=444

default:

clean:
        @-rm *~

permission:
        @if [ `whoami` != 'root' ]; then \
                echo "must be root to run 'make install'" ; \
                exit 1; \
        fi

install:        permission
        @if check; then \
                chmod 444 ${FILES}; \
                chown root.wheel ${FILES}; \
                echo "Copying CFengine configs to production area.";\
                /bin/cp /var/cfengine/inputs/${FILES} /var/bu/cfengine/;\
                /bin/cp  ${FILES} /var/cfengine/inputs/; \
        fi

I guess you would want to change the install section, and the "FILES"
section to reflect what lives in your svn repo...

HTH
-pete

> this is a pretty stupid question but i could use the help now, its
> been a long week

right there with you ;)

-p
--