[nycbug-talk] conf management tools

pete wright nomadlogic
Sun Jan 22 12:59:24 EST 2006

On 1/21/06, Anthony Elizondo <anthony.elizondo at gmail.com> wrote:
> On 1/21/06, pete wright <nomadlogic at gmail.com> wrote:
> > hey all,
> > does anyone have any experience running Puppet?
> > http://reductivelabs.com/projects/puppet
>
> No, but it looks totally awesome. Written in Ruby, and it appears
> development is moving super quickly:
> http://reductivelabs.com/downloads/puppet/ (Wish the gem would get
> updates: http://rubyforge.org/frs/?group_id=1126&release_id=3590)

yea, that may be a good thing...or it may mean that it's not ready for
widespread production use yet ;)

> > It looks very similar to cfengine, any good/bad experiences using this tool?
>
> I'm going to try to get it setup this week.

great, i'd love to hear how it goes.  i'm in the middle of a cfengine
deployment...but have not gone past the point of no return yet...

i found a refernece to this in decembers ;login btw which has a decent
article on using cvs and svn for configuration file management...i
know there was a thread regarding that a little while ago..

-p

--
~~o0OO0o~~
Pete Wright