[nycbug-talk] Laptop recommendations

Aleksandar Kacanski kacanski_s
Sun Jan 22 17:43:18 EST 2006

Thank you all for your comments and recommendations.
I will stick with thinkpad R52 (like the specs) and it
is under $1300...
Fujitsu P7010 is really something, but I need a bigger
screen ...
not mobile that much.
I have ultra II E 2x 450 MHZ, two 9Gb HD, 1GB RAM and
Creator Graphics SBUS + keyboard (missing two keys)
and mice.I need $100 to cover shipping from TX. Anyone
interested?

/s

--- Marc Spitzer <mspitzer at gmail.com> wrote:

> you can get a low end t42 for 1299 at lenovo,
> probably cheaper iff you
> shop around.
>
> marc
>
> On 1/21/06, Charles Sprickman <spork at bway.net>
> wrote:

> the P7010 which is TINY.
> > >
> > > A quick search.. and the prices for that one
> seem closer to 2,000 than to the
> > > 1,300 the poster was looking to spend. :-)
> >
> > And that's getting into MacBook territory, two
> procs for the price of one!

> > > %Be sure to check out our Jobs and
> NYCBUG-announce lists
> > > %We meet the first Wednesday of the month

> > %Be sure to check out our Jobs and NYCBUG-announce
> lists
> > %We meet the first Wednesday of the month
> >

> --
> "We trained very hard, but it seemed that every time
> we were beginning to
> form into teams we would be reorganized. I was to
> learn later in life that
> we tend to meet any new situation by reorganizing,
> and a wonderful method it
> can be for creating the illusion of progress, while
> producing confusion,
> inefficiency and demoralization."
> -Gaius Petronius, 1st Century AD
> %Be sure to check out our Jobs and NYCBUG-announce
> lists

Aleksandar (Sasha) Kacanski