[nycbug-talk] wasabi

Charles Sprickman spork
Mon Jan 23 17:09:09 EST 2006

On Mon, 23 Jan 2006, Yusuke Shinyama wrote:

> Sadly they're called "a new FUD angle" in LWN...
> http://lwn.net/Articles/168497/
>
> (I think the LWN guys are too hostile.
> It seems the site becomes increasingly more slashdottish recently.)

One of the more entertaining comments:

"Besides, if people making a $10 mouse can throw in a mini-CD full of
documentation, it can't be hard to include a source code CD with your
television, lawnmower or other Linux embedded device."

I think some of these "Linux/GPL everywhere" nutjobs really do think that
more than 10 people would be interested in getting source code for their
televisions.  I would imagine it would cost the television manufacturers
more to answer all the support calls from people trying to "install the
software that came with their tv" than it would to FedEx the few folks
that want the code a copy on cd...