[nycbug-talk] wasabi

Isaac Levy ike
Mon Jan 23 17:20:27 EST 2006

Hey All,

On Jan 23, 2006, at 5:09 PM, Charles Sprickman wrote:

> I think some of these "Linux/GPL everywhere" nutjobs really do
> think that more than 10 people would be interested in getting
> source code for their televisions.  I would imagine it would cost
> the television manufacturers more to answer all the support calls
> from people trying to "install the software that came with their
> tv" than it would to FedEx the few folks that want the code a copy
> on cd...

LOL

Look, my point exactly.  Not everything lives in a context where open
source will make or break the end use, (though time can change these
contexts).

Back to a twist on the ol' "source code for my pacemaker" thread, do
I *really* want that source code to my grandfather's pacemaker?

--
While my heart is with Marco and Alex with regard to FOSS, I just
can't bring myself to force free software, any more than I can bring

/me drops that can of worms and runs out of the office, screaming

Rocket-
.ike