[nycbug-talk] how to make ypbind up to date?

Yusuke Shinyama yusuke
Tue Jan 24 12:13:54 EST 2006

Hi,

I'm using ypserv/ypbind on our network.
When I changed the info on the yp server, usually I expect
the changes are reflected in (at most) a few minutes in a client.
But for some reason, with a ypbind daemon running on my FreeBSD machine
I had to /etc/rc.d/ypbind restart to see the changes every time,
whereas Linux boxes see the changes immediately.
Am I missing something? Here is my rc.conf settings:

nis_client_enable="YES"
nis_client_flags="-ypsetme -S nyucsproteusnet,mango,pear"
nis_server_enable="NO"
nisdomainname="nyucsproteusnet"

Thank you,
Yusuke