[nycbug-talk] Richard Beijtlich on replacing his Soekris. . .

Josh McCormack joshmccormack
Sat Jan 28 01:20:21 EST 2006

On 1/28/06, michael <lists at genoverly.net> wrote:

> I like via boards. I used 2 pd10000 boards side-by-side in a 1u case
> for a failover firewall. I used CF but it can take a HD.  It looks like
> via has a new board (vt-310dp) out now with 3 nics (one is gig) that
> I'm sure would fit into a small, soekris style case. I actually bought
> the above rackmount from caseoutlet.com. It looks like they stock a lot
> of different cases.
>
> http://caseoutlet.com/via-mb.html
>
> I know Marc and Yarema have been talking about the new boards, too.
>
> --
>
> Michael

The vt-310dp is $455 w/out RAM, case or storage. Got to really need those
capabilities.
The PC Engines WRAP.1E-2 (3 LAN / 1 miniPCI / 128 MB DRAM) is $136.
The Soekris net4801-50 Board and Case is $240.

Josh