[nycbug-talk] Fibre Channel, RAID, free hardware, oh my!

Charles Sprickman spork
Tue Jan 31 17:23:56 EST 2006

On Wed, 25 Jan 2006, Anthony Elizondo wrote:

> The instructions at
> http://www.onlamp.com/pub/a/bsd/2005/11/10/FreeBSD_Basics.html are a
> good introduction to GEOM.

Excellent, thank you.  I kind of posted and ran, but I'm slowly catching
up...

> Did you get that hardware for free, or are you offering it for free?
> My ears prick up at the very mention of free hardware. :)

Got it for free, and it's a very long story that involves someone not
paying bills for a very extended period of time.

Sadly, it does appear the RAID controller is truly dead.  So now I have to
figure out which FC controller is most happy running under FreeBSD.

Charles