[nycbug-talk] radrails on FreeBSD?

Charles Sprickman spork at bway.net
Fri Jul 7 14:33:52 EDT 2006

Hi all,

I know nothing of Java other than it's a pain in the ass. :)

I see there's a port of radrails, and I wanted to give it a spin.  Running
the port-installed radrails simply gives me this:

spork at allen$ radrails
Fatal: Stack size too small. Use 'java -Xss' to increase default stack
size.

Setting the stack size larger using the suggested command results in the
same error message.

I've also downloaded the radrails zip for linux and it goes much further
(I get an X error box) and then logs this:

java.lang.UnsatisfiedLinkError:
/usr/home/spork/bin/radrails/configuration/org.eclipse.osgi/bundles/49/1/.cp/libswt-pi-gtk-3229.so:
Shared object "libgtk-x11-2.0.so.0" not found, required by
"libswt-pi-gtk-3229.so"

Now the radrails port has installed linux_base and libgtk for linux, and
that library exists in /usr/compat/linux/usr/lib/.  How can I tell java to
look there?  I'm very much lost in java/linux land...