[nycbug-talk] U.S surrenders ICANN control

Marc Spitzer mspitzer at gmail.com
Thu Jul 27 21:41:58 EDT 2006

On 7/27/06, Jonathan Vanasco <nycbug-list at 2xlp.com> wrote:

> i'd argue that the us doesn't have free speech anymore either.  the
> difference between other countries and the us is that overseas speech
> is censored / illegal from the outself, while in america speech is
> 'free' in theory and the price of a good lawyer in practice.

It has always been that way, the social restraints are what are
comming undone.  People did not want their names assocated with a
court case.  Also vilonece was also more common to settle the mater.

> i'm pretty sure that there's never been an actually effective
> international body.  at best the new group can be as functional as
> the UN-- which means at best, they'll accomplish absolutely nothing.

The UN(spit) has never had the good grace to do nothing, it would be a
major improvement over what they do.  They are not stupid they are
fucking evil.

marc
--
"We trained very hard, but it seemed that every time we were beginning to
form into teams we would be reorganized. I was to learn later in life that