[nycbug-talk] NYCBUG cvsup server

Dan Langille dan at langille.org
Sat Jul 29 08:16:31 EDT 2006

On 28 Jul 2006 at 8:59, Peter Wright wrote:

> Hi All,
>      I'm very pleased to annouce the availability of NycBUG's very own
> cvsup server for FreeBSD is available for use by our members!  It is
> our hope that this machine will eventually become an official FreeBSD
> mirror, yet before I make any annoucements to hubs@ I'd like to give
> our members a first crack at this box.  So, feel free to do your
> nightly /usr/src and /usr/ports sync's off of:
>
> freebsd.nycbug.org
>
> Once again I'd like to thank New York Internet <www.nyi.net> for donating
> bandwidth and rackspace to our BUG - and the community in large.  And our
> very own Gman for donating the gear.  Thanks guys, I couldn't have slacked
> off at work for hours setting this up if it wasn't for you ;^)

NYI offerred to help me out when I thought I was losing the hosting
for FreshPorts/FreeBSD Diary/etc.  Good place.

Peter: What is your upstream for the cvsup server?

FWIW, the NYCBUG server is faster for me than cvsup.ca.freebsd.org
here in Ottawa.  Both servers are 13 hops away.

--
Dan Langille : Software Developer looking for work
my resume: http://www.freebsddiary.org/dan_langille.php