[nycbug-talk] Tips for PostgeSQL on NetApp (NAS)

Peter Wright pete at nomadlogic.org
Thu Jun 8 14:21:05 EDT 2006

Hi all,
I'm helping build a PostgreSQL box and we will be storing our data on a
NetApp 3200 head.  The add is going to be for a DataWarehousing project we
are doing, so I am thinking that most of the queries will be read's.  We
are planning on using ASYNC NFS mount's from the PostgeSQL node to the
Netapp head.

I was hoping that some of the postgresql guru's here had any other
gotcha's or hacks I should look into when storing postges DB's on a NAS
device.

cheers,
-pete

--