[nycbug-talk] scp as a different user

Francisco Reyes lists at stringsutils.com
Fri May 5 09:19:58 EDT 2006

Steve Rieger writes:

> as "user_a"  i run a script that creates "file", then i need to scp
> file user_b at localhost user_b at remot-host:~/

Is user_b is a real user in the source machine?
If not you could just have the private key in user_a.

User_b doesn't even have to exist in source machine, if you only use it to
scp.

> (note i cant give out the keys to user_a)

Given that restriction the only thing I think will work is the suggested
approach to copy the data somewhere where user_b can see it.