[nycbug-talk] FreeBSD 6.1-RELEASE

Peter Wright pete at nomadlogic.org
Tue May 9 14:26:40 EDT 2006

> On 5/9/06, Peter Wright <pete at nomadlogic.org> wrote:

>> > I did notice that javascript has crept into the site.
>> >
>> > (beastie wasn't evil until he started spitting hot java on me)
>> >

>> shudder ;)
>>
>> so, i've got a mirror up for nycbuger's.  it's only serving up i386 and
>> amd64 now, time/space permitting i'll throw up other iso's if there are
>> requests.  ftp to:
>>
>> mirrors.nycbug.org
>>
>> and, again a big thanks to NYI for donating space and bandwidth to the
>> BSD
>> community and NYCBUG!
>
> any plans for cvsup, or would you like some help setting it up?

oh yea we have plans for offering a full mirror of freebsd.org ;^)  as of
now, we are waiting on getting appropriate hardware for this mirror.  we
do have a lead we are working on, but if anyone would like to sponsor a
disk subsystem, or server with RAID capabilities to NYCBUG let me know.

the big picture is to have tier-1 mirrors for as many of the projects as
possible.  We already host ftp.nyc.openbsd.org in our colo cabinet, and
FreeBSD will be the next step...followed by Net and other projects as
time/hardware permits.

-pete

--
~~oO00Oo~~