[nycbug-talk] Confusion around Grub, NetBSD 3.0, DAC960 control (all for Xen)

Tillman Hodgson tillman at seekingfire.com
Mon May 15 16:26:36 EDT 2006

On Mon, May 15, 2006 at 03:52:38PM -0400, Scott Robbins wrote:
> Not having used Grub on NetBSD in awhile, I could easily be wrong about
> this.  However, I remember there were some issues with it.  Looking at
> an old grub page of mine, I see I was writing about NetBSD 1.6.1  :)
>
> At any rate, the old (and unmaintained) page is at
> http://home.nyc.rr.com/computertaijutsu/grub.html.  There's a NetBSD
> section, see if it does you any good at all.   (Although I fear it
> won't.)

Hi Scott, long-time-no-chat :-)

Thanks, I'll take a look at it. The non-Unixy device naming convention
in grub is causing me to go slowly for fear a grue will eat me.

> > --
> > Scott> > > See attached.
> > Scott> > I didn't attach it, did I?
> > Scott> This is sad.
> > 	- Scott, stuck in an infinite non-attaching mental loop :-)
>
> Hrrm, I don't know if the Scott of your sig is me, but it sure sounds
> like me.  :)

Scott Wunsch, actually, though it's probably a universal sentiment.
There's newer quotes from that particular gang of characters at
http://www.metanetwork.ca/bash/?p=highest, where Scott == the IRC nick
'Wunsch'. You're welcome to come and pester us online -- we'll try to
rope you into our nomic game ;-)

-T

--
"There are two rules for success: 1) Never tell everything you know."
    -- Roger H. Lincoln