[nycbug-talk] MRTG Question

Kevin Reiter tux at penguinnetwerx.net
Mon May 15 17:37:37 EDT 2006

All,

After finding the time to finally get MRTG up and running on
6.0-RELEASE, I'm seeing a lot of this every few minutes:

Rateup WARNING: /usr/local/bin/rateup Can't remove cerberus_1.old
updating log file
Rateup WARNING: /usr/local/bin/rateup Can't rename cerberus_1.log to
cerberus_1.old updating log file
Rateup WARNING: /usr/local/bin/rateup Can't rename cerberus_1.tmp to
cerberus_1.log updating log file
Rateup WARNING: /usr/local/bin/rateup Can't remove cerberus_2.old
updating log file
Rateup WARNING: /usr/local/bin/rateup Can't rename cerberus_2.log to
cerberus_2.old updating log file
Rateup WARNING: /usr/local/bin/rateup Can't rename cerberus_2.tmp to
cerberus_2.log updating log file

I've read in the docs that this is normal the first few times MRTG is
started, but it's been restarted/stopped about a dozen times now over
the past few hours.  I've also checked all the permissions on all the
files to make sure they're owned by mrtg:mrtg

Any ideas what's going on?

Thanks,
Kev