[nycbug-talk] free wireless

Jonathan Vanasco nycbug-list at 2xlp.com
Mon May 22 19:13:34 EDT 2006

On May 22, 2006, at 6:11 PM, Dru wrote:

> Woohoo, something to look forward to next time I'm in the big Apple:
>
> http://news.yahoo.com/s/afp/20060516/tc_afp/
> afplifestyleusinternet;_ylt=AiOqd8ijlUI5kFCkVgQmZ8AjtBAF;_ylu=X3oDMTA5
> aHJvMDdwBHNlYwN5bmNhdA--
>
> If we could just get some of that here in Ottawa...

It might sound cool, but its too little, too late.   The only thing
that will do is give free wireless to the center of the big parks.
( though better that than nothing )

There are plenty of wireless nodes that people have made free around
the smaller parks and around the edges of the larger ones

There's also nyc wireless,  which is actively going around and
installing around the community parks using opensource technologies