[nycbug-talk] FreeBSD scp/sftp problems, large files

Charles Sprickman spork at bway.net
Mon May 29 00:47:56 EDT 2006

On Mon, 29 May 2006, Francisco Reyes wrote:

> Charles Sprickman writes:
>
>> If I go from the 6.1 box to the 4.11 box (ie: the 6.1 is the client), no
>> problems.
>
> By the above do you mean scp from 6.1 to 4.11 box?
> What happens if you run scp from 6.1 to get data from the 4.11?
> Like scp user at 411:/somepath .

Works great, in fact that's how I ended up getting 30GB of data across.

I'm going to try and get some dumps of the traffic if it fails, but I've
been less than lucky with PRs lately.  Somewhere I think I still have one
open on OS-X->FreeBSD 4.x tcp slowness, probably related to the specific
card I'm using (sis).

Charles