[nycbug-talk] creating "local" ports

Brian A. Seklecki lavalamp at spiritual-machines.org
Fri Nov 3 22:32:56 EST 2006

In Pkgsrc we have pkgsrc-wip which essential provide the mechanism you're
looking for.

The problem becomes modifications to existing ports where reanaming the
PKGNAME will essentially break dependencies and portupgrade logic.

On the other than -- with NetBSD, and vanilla CVS for updates, we don't
have to worry about CVSUp blow about localizations.

~BAS