[nycbug-talk] Update to the FreeBSD mail/spamd filed as ports/105277

Yarema yds at CoolRat.org
Wed Nov 8 01:30:00 EST 2006

--On Wednesday, November 08, 2006 2:19 PM +0800 LI Xin
<delphij at delphij.net> wrote:

> Yarema wrote:
>> --On Wednesday, November 08, 2006 1:39 PM +0800 LI Xin
>> <delphij at delphij.net> wrote:

>>> Yes that would be great.
>>>
>>> If nobody step up with the update I would do that myself this
>>> week, but I would be happy to see someone to take this over,
>>> as I no longer use it for my own use...
>>>
>>> Cheers,
>>
>> I could try updating it since by now I'm pretty familiar with
>> the port.  How did you roll the 3.7 tarball?  By hand from an
>> OpenBSD release?
>
> First you need an OpenBSD cvs mirrored locally, or use the
> anonymous OpenBSD CVS.  I have rolled CVS information into the
> tarball, so this would be done with something like
> "cvs -d /home/openbsd up -rOPENBSD_4_0"
> in each directories.  Then, check if there is newly added files
> in OpenBSD distribution, port the patches into the tree, verify
> that everything goes well, remove the .#* files, and finally
> you got a new tarball.
>
> Please note that if you roll a new tarball, I would advise that
> you either include our local patchsets into it, or separate all
> our local patchset out to files/.  This will make maintainer's
> life easier.
>
> So I guess it's midnight in NY?  It's afternoon here so if you
> are tired, just leave the work to me :-)
>
> Cheers,

Yeah, it's 1:30am US/Eastern so I'm ready to pass out.  If you do roll
another tarball consider including greyscanner and all that code dealing
with fetching it can be eliminated from the Makefile.

--
Yarema
http://yds.CoolRat.org/