[nycbug-talk] greylisting proxies?

Jonathan Vanasco nycbug-list at 2xlp.com
Sun Oct 1 15:46:20 EDT 2006

On Oct 1, 2006, at 2:49 PM, George Georgalis wrote:
> What MTA fails on one try?
>
> <rant> the worse mta is verizon -- hard to deliver to. </rant>

in my experience:
	verizon's ( at least occasionally )
	90% of microsoft mta installs ( actually has nothing to do with the
software, but braindead corporate it staff with a certificate from
some technical school they once saw an informercial for  )

the biggest issue with verizon in my experience is that they don't do
rfc 1413 right.  you can usually save yourself a ton of hassle by
using a dumbed down ruleset for the verizon mta ip blocks.  they also
do address verification on incoming mail - which isn't a bad thing.
some mta's don't handle that right , and some users will do made up
aliases or spoof their own address through a different mta ( ie:
user at email.com sends a message through user at altemail.com  with the
same from ), which can bump up your blacklist rating for the server
mail was sent through.

// Jonathan Vanasco