[nycbug-talk] win4bsd

Scott Robbins scottro at nyc.rr.com
Mon Oct 2 15:25:30 EDT 2006

Dru's mentioned this on her blog, but I don't think she's tried it out
yet.  There's now a BSD equivalent of Win4Linux called Win4BSD.  At
present, it only works on FreeBSD and PCBSD, but it's basically an
emulator built on qemu.

However, it is, at least in my experience, running far better than
the port of qemu and kqemu.  At present, the price is $50.00, going up
to $70 after October.  For my needs, at least, (running a Nortel VPN
client, FM Pro8 and having a copy of Office to test various things) it's
working perfectly.

http://win4bsd.com

I hope they succeed--it's nice when they aim commercial ventures at the
BSDs.

--

Scott Robbins

PGP keyID EB3467D6
( 1B48 077D 66F6 9DB0 FDC2 A409 FA54 EB34 67D6 )

Xander: I'm not worried. If there's something bad out there,
we'll find, you'll slay, we'll party.