[nycbug-talk] MySQL and FreeBSD 6.0

N.J. Thomas njt at ayvali.org
Thu Oct 19 09:56:48 EDT 2006

* Hans Zaunere <lists at zaunere.com> [2006-10-18 22:09:51 -0400]:
> > but finally decided to stick with Linux/MySQL because of reported
> > performance issues as well as problems with the ULE scheduler that
> > people recommended be used for MySQL.
>
> So you were still seeing issues on 6.1?  Per some links I posted
> earlier, they say 6.1 should clear up many issues... hrm, not good.

I should clarify, we never moved to MySQL/FreeBSD because we had heard
of these issues. I head also heard good things about MySQL running on
6.1 as well, but overall we got mixed reports, and seeing as how there
weren't any similar issues with Linux, we stuck with that.

If anything, I was itching to move the DBs to FreeBSD, but in the end
the final conclusion that was reached was that because we were on an
extremely tight schedule, it was probably not worth the hassle, so we
are remaining with Linux -- for now.

Thomas

--
N.J. Thomas