[nycbug-talk] Fw: Fw: Recovering partition table and ntfs filesystem(intact) (on and off-topic)

Trish Lynch trish at bsdunix.net
Sun Sep 3 12:52:01 EDT 2006

After totally panicking, and crying, and realizing it wasn'tt just commercial mp3's but the only copy I have of my own album among others (masters, etc), I found a nifty tool for 40 bucks called 'partition table doctor' which rebuilt my partition table first time around, and even found ones 3 and 4 generations old!

Scary.

What sucks is that I had a backup of all the until the drive I was rebuilding crashed, and then I ended up deleting the partition table off the USB drive instead *sigh*.

I blame it on the double narcotics I was on because of the epidural, and from now on before re-install, I'll unplug the USB drive

Too bad I didn't find an open source tool I trusted immediately, but the data was too important :(

-Trish