[nycbug-talk] postgres incremental backups?

Francisco Reyes lists at stringsutils.com
Sun Sep 3 22:59:58 EDT 2006

Bob Ippolito writes:

> The commercial bizgres is expensive but sounds like it would be good
> for really big databases because it scales over a cluster

I can't wait until the company I work for grows big enough so we can afford
Bizgres MPP (The cluster version). It really sounds like it will handle tons
of data efficiently.

Right now for our, soon to be 500GB+ DB, we got a 16 drive 3U machine with
8GB of RAM and 2 raid controllers. Anything indexed is great, but once you
hit a table scan it's another story.. fortunately rarely a table scan gets
triggered.

I am also looking into postgresql cluster feature. That will be a real
performance booster.