[nycbug-talk] Analyzing malicious SSH login attempts

Trish Lynch trish at bsdunix.net
Tue Sep 12 15:39:06 EDT 2006

On Tue, 12 Sep 2006, michael wrote:

> On Tue, 12 Sep 2006 11:52:26 -0400
> csnyder <chsnyder at gmail.com> wrote:
>
>> But you encrypted that key using a strong passphrase, right? They
>> would have to get your desktop while ssh-agent was running.
>
> well.. I don't shut down my home PC when I walk away.  It is usually
> running.  But I do lock the apartment door [grin].

Of course, I guess what was asking is when is Paranoid too paranoid? when
you are living by yourself and never have people over, and lock your
doors, and have never given your address out, and you STILL LOCK YOUR
COMPUTER and never use ssh-agent :)

*grin*

((I never use ssh-agent anyway, but this is an extreme example)

-Trish

Trish Lynch					   trish at bsdunix.net
Key fingerprint = 781D 2B47 AA4B FC88 B919  0CD6 26B2 1D62 6FC1 FF16