[nycbug-talk] laptop?

Okan Demirmen okan at demirmen.com
Wed Sep 20 09:28:02 EDT 2006

On Wed 2006.09.20 at 09:12 -0400, Josh McCormack wrote:
> I read up on it, and don't have anything I could use for the PXE
> booting. I don't have a router I could put anything on or an even a
> somewhat modern OpenBSD box.

you just need 2 files to pxeboot(8), dhcpd(8) and tftpd(8) - very simple
even if you have an older openbsd box. read the manpage online to see
how to set it up if you don't have pxeboot(8) on your older openbsd box.

> The computer has a CF card reader built in, so I tried making a CF
> card work like the boot floppy or CD, but the windows programs for
> writing those wouldn't do it.

also you'd have to make sure that your bios can boot off the cf card. my
x40 will not boot from its built-in cf card - so heads up.

> Anyone have a USB floppy or CD drive I could borrow, or want to help
> me do the PXE booting?

also consider a usb key.

good luck.

cheers,