[nycbug-talk] ucarp question

David Lawson dave at donnerjack.com
Wed Sep 20 10:48:32 EDT 2006

On Sep 20, 2006, at 10:38 AM, Isaac Levy wrote:

> On Sep 20, 2006, at 10:28 AM, Okan Demirmen wrote:

>>> That's a new-ish OpenBSD thing?  Sounds interesting...
>>
>> well, if 2 years and 7 months is "new-ish", then yes ;)
>
> Well, in the scope of the big picture, I'll call that new :)
>

>>> Hrm.... Niiiiice.
>>
>> yes it is.

Huh, that looks really interesting.  I ran into some problems with a
heavily loaded box running CARP interfaces where some interfaces
would fail to the secondary and others wouldn't, leading to some
obvious routing problems.  I couldn't find a pure CARP way of dealing
with the problem, it looks like this might be something that'd solve
that issue reasonably elegantly.

--Dave