[nycbug-talk] NYCBSDCon Update

George R. george at sddi.net
Wed Sep 20 18:37:23 EDT 2006

Just to keep everyone updated. .

Things are progressing along nicely for the second NYCBSDCon.

Our sponsor page should be updated soon, with a number of well-known
sponsors that is allowing us to bring out some pretty impressive
speakers.  I don't think anyone will be disappointed.  Some additional
surprise speakers are also being added, making this conference pretty
heavy, once again.  The site will be updated shortly.

Registration is now open at nycbsdcon.org.  We strongly encourage
everyone to register ASAP, as the price is very reasonable right now,
but will increase significantly.  The price includes continental
breakfast and lunch for both days, to facilitate the networking part of
the event. . . no more being forced to wander Broadway trying to find a
slice.

Also, if any small firms are interested in doing the small business
sponsorship again this year, email me off-list about it.  You can find
more information about this under the sponsors tab.

Finally, our next NYCBUG meeting on October 4th will be a discussion and
overview of the upcoming conference.  We strongly encourage everyone
interested in taking an active role in the operation of the conference
to attend. . . and this includes the (local) speakers, board members, etc.

And yes, if anyone was wondering, Ike will be MC'g the event again this
year.  I mean, come on, how could Ike *not*?

George