[nycbug-talk] File Backed Disks- Speed Issues

Jonathan Vanasco nycbug-list at 2xlp.com
Thu Sep 28 23:37:06 EDT 2006

On Sep 28, 2006, at 11:21 PM, Isaac Levy wrote:

> Well, HECK YEAH, that actually would solve my problems.  Does
> anyone know if there's any historical attempt at flexible partition
> changes to a disk, and how successful it was?
>
> This has to have been a problem people have tackled since the
> earliest disk drives... Right?

I gotta say... if someone could do what iParition does on linux/bsd
drives... it would be AMAZING.

its sincerely an amazing app.  shrink / grow / reorder partitions on
live drives with no data loss.

i was able to turn a half filled storage drive into a 2 partition
disk- 1 with all the storage, the dead space into a bootable mirror
of my g5's hard drive... and then reorder it so older macs will boot
it ( first few will only boot off the first partition ).  it only
works on hfs though.  suckass.